Tags are user-defined labels that you can attach to a device. Tags can help differentiate devices in the ExtraHop system that share a common attribute or characteristic. You can then search for devices or create dynamic device groups based on the device tag.
|Note:||You cannot rename a device tag after it is created.|
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Tags.
- Click Create Tag.
- In the Name section, type a name for the tag.
To immediately add the new tag to a device, complete the following steps:
- Click the field in the Add this tag to a device section.
- Type a device name, IP address, MAC address, or hostname.
Select the device from the search results.
The device appears on the page, indicating that the new tag will be added to this device.
The new tag appears on the Tag Settings page.