If your ExtraHop system is deployed in a data center or other remote environment, you might need to access the console and power-management features through a remote connection. Remote access is available on the ExtraHop system through the Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC). After you enable and configure iDRAC, you can power cycle the system, view console messages, and review hardware monitoring and boot logs.
The iDRAC interface is enabled by default on all ExtraHop appliances, except the EDA 1100, which does not have an iDRAC interface.
- When the appliance is running, the LCD displays the existing IP address. Under the LCD, press the checkmark button between the two arrows.
Highlight iDRAC and press the checkmark button.
Highlight IP and press the checkmark button.
Write down the IP address that appears on the LCD.
In a web browser, type the IP address, and log in with the username
root and the password, which is the service tag
number listed in the screen or on the pullout at the front of the appliance. The
password is case-sensitive.
Under iDRAC Settings in the left tree control, click
- Scroll down to the IPv4 Settings section, de-select the DHCP Enable checkbox.
In the Static IP Address field, type the IP address that
you want to configure for remote access to your ExtraHop appliance.
- Click Overview in the left tree control, click the Console tab.
- From the Plug-in Type menu, select Java.
Click Launch Virtual Console.
A file will begin downloading to your workstation.
- When the file has downloaded, delete the characters after viewer.jnlp, and open the file immediately after the download has completed. (Download times are typically one minute or less).
At the prompt, click Continue.
When the java applet finishes installing, click
Select the Always trust this certificate checkbox and
in the left tree control, click
From the Power Control drop-down menu, select
Reset System (warm reboot).
When you click Launch Virtual Console, the iDRAC
launches a new window as your virtual console.
- Reboot the iDRAC system and press F2.
Under the System Setup Main Menu, click iDRAC
Under iDRAC Settings, click User
- Select the checkbox next to Change Password.
Type the new password, and then type the password again to confirm.
The steps and menu options to change the password can vary by iDRAC version.
- Click Apply.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this article helpful?