After you deploy the ExtraHop Discover or Command appliance, log into the Admin UI, and configure the following settings. Refer to the section of the ExtraHop Admin UI Guide specified in each action below, except where noted.
- Maintain system security after the evaluation period. Change the default password. For more information, see the Change Password section.
- Time is critical in the ExtraHop appliance, particularly when doing event correlation with time-based metrics and logs. Verify that the NTP settings are correct for your infrastructure, test settings, and sync NTP. For more information, see the System Time section.
- Time Zone
- The correct time zone is critical to run scheduled reports at the correct time. Ensure the ExtraHop appliance has the correct time zone. For more information, see the System Time section.
- Remote Authentication
- Set up remote authentication. The ExtraHop appliance integrates with RADIUS, TACACS, and LDAP for remote integration. For more information, see the Remote Authentication section.
- Firmware Update
- The ExtraHop appliance firmware is updated often with enhancements and resolved defects. Verify that you have the current firmware. For more information, see the Firmware section.
- Audit Logging
- The ExtraHop appliance can send events to a remote syslog collector. For more information, see the Audit Log section.
- The ExtraHop appliance can email alerts and system-health notifications. Set up and test notifications. For more information, see the Email Server and Sender section.
- System Notifications
- The Explore appliance can send email when it detects problems. Create an email group to receive notifications. For more information, see the Notifications section.
- Each physical ExtraHop appliance has an iDRAC port, similar to iLO or KVM over Ethernet. Connect and configure the iDRAC port. For more information, see Configuring the iDRAC Remote Access Console.
- SSL Certificate
- Each ExtraHop appliance ships with a self-signed certificate. If you have a PKI deployment, generate your own certificate and upload it to each ExtraHop appliance. For more information, see the SSL Certificate section.
- DNS A Record
- It is easier to access an ExtraHop appliance by hostname than by IP address. Create an A record in your DNS root ("exa.yourdomain.local") for each ExtraHop appliance in your deployment. Refer to your DNS administration manual.
- The datastore is easier to restore when you periodically save customizations. Save the current datastore configuration settings. For more information, see the Customizations section.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this article helpful?