To guarantee that an asset, such as an important server, database, or laptop, receives Advanced Analysis, you can add that device to the watchlist.
|Tip:||Instead of adding several devices to the watchlist, create a device group and then prioritize that group for Advanced Analysis.|
Here are important considerations about the watchlist:
- The watchlist only applies to Advanced Analysis.
- The watchlist can contain as many devices as allowed by the Advanced Analysis capacity, which is determined by your license.
- A device stays on the watchlist whether it is inactive or active. A device has to be active for the ExtraHop system to collect Advanced Analysis metrics.
- You can add a custom device to the watchlist. You cannot add an L2 parent device to the watchlist, unless the device is a gateway or router.
The following steps show you how to add a device to the watchlist from device properties:
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- Click Assets at the top of the page and then click Devices in the left pane.
- Search for the device you want and then click the device name. The Overview page appears, which displays traffic and protocol metrics associated with the device.
Click Edit Properties.
- Click Add this device to the watchlist.
- Click Done.
You can also add multiple devices to the watchlist from the Device list
page. Click the checkbox next to one or more devices and then click the Add to
Watchlist icon in
the upper right corner.