By adding a local user account, you can provide users with direct access to your ExtraHop system and restrict their access as needed by their role in your organization.
- Log in to the Administration page on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the Access Settings section, click Users.
- Click Add User.
In the Personal Information section, type the following
Login ID: The username that users will log in to their ExtraHop appliances with, which cannot contain any spaces. For example, adalovelace.
Full Name: A display name for the user, which can contain spaces. For example, Ada Lovelace.
Password: The password for this account.
Note: On Discover and Command appliances, the password must meet the criteria specified by the global password policy. On Explore and Trace appliances, passwords must be 5 characters or more.
Confirm Password: Re-type the password from the Password field.
- In the Authentication Type section, select Local.
In the User Type section, select the type of privileges
for the user.
- Unlimited privileges enables full read and write access to the Web and Admin UIs.
- Limited privileges enable you to select from a subset of privileges and options.
Note: For more information, see the User privileges section.
- Click Save.