Custom metrics are typically created to collect specific information about your environment. You can configure settings that enable you to query and retrieve transaction-level records associated with a custom metric. In the Metric Catalog, the Record Relationships section enables you to associate a custom metric with a record type. If you queried for records from that custom metric, you would return results for all records of that record type, regardless of the other attributes configured for your custom metric. We recommend that you add filters to return meaningful results for your record queries.
By setting advanced filters, you automatically filter records by the specified criteria. Advanced filters are complex and can be nested to four levels.
Before you beginCreate a custom metric
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Metric Catalog.
In the upper left corner, type the name of the custom metric and then click the
custom metric name in the results.
Parameters for the custom metric appear in the right pane.
- In the right pane, scroll down to the Record Relationships section and click the RECORD TYPE drop-down list.
Click one or more record types in the list and then click outside of the list
to apply your selections. Additional options to filter record fields appear
below the selected record types.
- (Optional): In SOURCE FILTER section, select the checkbox next to the source type, such as Client or Application. These sources dynamically update based on the selected record types.
- (Optional): In the ADDITIONAL FILTERS field, specify multiple criteria with OR (Match Any), AND (Match All), and NONE operators to create an advanced query filter or enter a regular expression (regex) to filter records for custom detail metrics.
- Click Update.
- Create a record query for your custom metric by clicking the metric in a chart and then clicking Records.