You can manage multiple Discover appliances from a Command appliance. After you connect the appliances, you can view and edit the appliance properties, assign a nickname, upgrade firmware, check the license status, create a diagnostic support package, and connect to the ExtraHop Web UI, Admin UI, and Web Shell.
The Command appliance connects directly to the Discover appliance over HTTPS on port 443. If it is not possible to establish a direct connection because of firewall restrictions in your network environment, you can connect to the Command appliance through a tunneled connection from the Discover appliance.
Before you begin
- You can connect a Command appliance to multiple Discover appliances.
- You can only establish a connection to a Discover appliance that is licensed for the same system edition as the Command appliance.
- We strongly recommend that you configure a unique hostname for each Discover appliance. If the IP address on the Discover appliance is changed, the Command appliance can re-establish connection easily to the Discover appliance by hostname.
- Log into the Admin UI on the Command appliance.
- In the ExtraHop Discover Settings section, click Manage Discover Appliances.
- In the Discover section, click Connect Appliance.
Configure the following settings:
Host: The hostname (FQDN) or IP address of the Discover appliance. Hostname is recommended.
Setup Password: The setup user password for the Discover appliance.
Product Key (Optional): The product key for the ExtraHop firmware.
Nickname (Optional): A friendly name for the appliance. If no nickname is entered, the appliance is identified by the hostname.
Reset Configuration: If you select this checkbox, existing appliance customizations such as device groups, alerts, and triggers will be removed from the Discover appliance. Gathered metrics such as captures and devices will not be removed.
- Click Pair.
You can connect the Discover appliance to the Command appliance through an SSH tunnel.
Before you begin
- You can connect a Discover appliance to multiple Command appliances.
- You can only establish a connection to a Command appliance that is licensed for the same system edition as the Discover appliance.
- Log into the Admin UI on the Discover appliance.
- In the ExtraHop Command Settings section, click Connect Command Appliances.
Click Connect Appliance and then and then configure the
Host: The hostname or IP address of the Command appliance.
Note: You cannot specify an IPv6 link-local address.
Setup password: The password for the setup user on the Command appliance.
Discover nickname (Optional): A friendly name for the node that appears on the Manage Connected Appliances page. If no friendly name is configured, the hostname for the Discover appliance appears instead.
Reset configuration: If you select the Reset Configuration checkbox, existing node customizations such as device groups, alerts, and triggers will be removed from the appliance. Gathered metrics such as captures and devices will not be removed.
- Click Connect.