You can schedule the email delivery of a dashboard to one or more recipients by creating a scheduled report on an ExtraHop Command appliance. A report email is sent from the ExtraHop system that includes a PDF file of your dashboard. When you create a scheduled report, you can specify how often the report email is delivered and the time interval for dashboard data included in the PDF file.
Here are some considerations about scheduled reports:
- You can only schedule reports from a Command appliance.
- You can only create a report for dashboards that you own or have been shared with you. Your ability to create a report is determined by your user privileges. Contact your ExtraHop administrator for help.
- Each report can only link to one dashboard.
- If you created a report for a dashboard that was later deleted or became inaccessible to you, the scheduled email will continue to be sent to recipients. However, the email will not include the PDF file and will instead notify recipients that the dashboard is unavailable to the report owner. To stop the email delivery of a report, disable or delete the report.
- The ability to create a scheduled report for a protocol page is deprecated.
The following steps show you how to create a scheduled report:
- Log into the Web UI on the Command appliance and then click Dashboards at the top of the page.
- Select the dashboard that you want to schedule a report for.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click the command menu and then select Scheduled Reports. A Scheduled Reports window appears that contains the reports that you own.
- In the upper right corner of the window, click Create Report.
Deselect the Report Enabled checkbox if you want to
delay the start of the email delivery of your new report.
The report is set to Disabled. When you are ready to start sending the report, you can open the saved report and check the box.
In the Report Name field, type a name for the report.
The dashboard name is automatically populated in this field. We recommend that you reference the dashboard name in your report name to help keep track of the report content. Report names must be unique.
- In the Description field, type information about the report. Note that the description is only seen when editing report settings.
In the Report On field, confirm the name of the dashboard
you want to include in the report. To change the dashboard, complete the
- Click the field. A drop-down list containing all the dashboards you own or that have been shared with you appears.
- Select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Time Interval section, select the time frame of dashboard data that you want to display in the report PDF file.
In the Report Frequency section, set the email delivery
schedule by selecting one of the following:
Option Description Hourly Send the report email every hour. Daily Send the report email at a specific time each day. Click Add another time to send the report emails at multiple times per day. Weekly Send the report email at a specific time on one or more days of the week. Click Add another time to send report emails at multiple times per day or at different times per week.
In the Format section, specify the scale of content by
selecting one of the following options from the first Style
Option Description Narrow Displays large text in chart titles and labels, but provides less space for displaying chart data. Long chart titles and labels might be truncated. Medium (Recommended) Displays a view of chart titles, legends, and data that is optimized for portrait page orientation. Wide Displays small text in chart titles and labels, but provides more space for displaying chart data.
In the Format section, specify the number of page breaks
in the PDF by selecting one of the following options from the second
Style drop-down list:
Option Description Single page Displays the entire dashboard or protocol page on a single, continuous page. This setting might generate a PDF file that is larger than standard printer page sizes. Page break per region Displays each chart region on an individual page.
- Optional: In the Format section, click Light, Dark, or Space to select the theme for the PDF file. The Light theme displays dashboard data as dark text against a light background. Dark and Space themes display dashboard data as light text against a dark background.
In the Send To section, specify report email recipients by
completing one of the following steps:
- From the Notification Groups drop-down list, select a group of recipients. If you do not see the email group that you are looking for, you can configure email groups in the ExtraHop Admin UI or through the REST API. Contact your ExtraHop administrator to add an email notification group.
- In the Email Addresses field, type the email addresses for recipients, separated by a comma.
Select one of the following Subject options:
Option Description Automatic Send the report email with the subject of ExtraHop Report: <report name>. Custom Type a subject line for your report email.
- Optional: In the Message field, type a message that is included in the body of the report email. The name of the dashboard linked to the report is provided in the message by default.
To save your report, complete one of the following steps:
- Click Send Now to send a test report email to the email addresses. Your report is then saved and scheduled. Click Done.
- Click Save. Your report is scheduled and will be sent to recipients based on the report frequency you specified.