The following steps show you how to find all of the external IP addresses that your devices are talking to. You can then see if any devices are making or receiving unauthorized connections from other devices outside of your network.
|Tip:||You can also accomplish this task through Network locality entryoperations in the REST API Explorer.|
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click Metrics at the top of the page.
- Click Activity Groups in the left pane.
- Click TCP Devices. At the top of the page, the External Accepted and External Connected metrics display how many IP addresses outside of your internal network are actively connected to all of your network devices.
- Click the blue metric value for either metric.
- In the Drill Down by… section, select Group Member. A detail metric page appears and shows all of the names of your network devices and the number of connections to external IP addresses.
- Click on a device name that you want to investigate. A protocol page for that device appears, which contains metrics related to the device.