Custom devices are manually created in the Discover appliance and can be configured to collect metrics for traffic observed across multiple IP addresses and ports. If a large number of custom devices is affecting ExtraHop system performance, you can delete or disable a custom device.
When you delete or disable a custom device, the device becomes inactive, which means that the ExtraHop system stops collecting metrics for that device. The unique ID for the custom device always remains in the ExtraHop system.
- Log into the Web UI on a Discover appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon at the top of the page.
- Click Custom Devices.
- Search for the custom device. The Filter text box above the table supports substring matching and regular expressions.
Select the checkbox next to the device(s) and then complete one of the
- Click Disable. The selected device becomes inactive and is removed from the full analysis device count. You can still access custom device data from previous time intervals until the datastore becomes full.
- Click Delete to permanently remove the device configurations. You cannot enable a device that has been deleted.