To rename a dashboard, change the theme, or change the URL, you must edit the dashboard properties. When you create a dashboard, you have an opportunity to specify dashboard properties. However, you can change dashboard properties at any time.
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- At the top of the page, click Dashboards.
- From the dashboard dock, select the dashboard that you want to edit.
- Click the command menu in the upper right corner of the page and then select Dashboard Properties.
In the Dashboard Properties window, you can modify the
- Rename the dashboard.
- Change the author name.
- Change the dashboard description. Note that the description is only seen when editing dashboard properties.
- Change the URL for the dashboard. By default, the permalink, also
known as a short code, is a five-character unique identifier that
appears after /Dashboard in the URL. You can change
the permalink to a more user-friendly name.
Note: The permalink can have up to 100 characters combining letters, numbers, and the following symbols: dot (.), underscore (_), dash (-), plus sign (+), parentheses ( ), and brackets ([ ]). Other alphanumeric characters are unsupported. The permalink cannot contain spaces.
- To share a dashboard with users who can view and edit, click the link. For more information, see Share a dashboard.
- View the list of ExtraHop users with editing access to the dashboard. To change the users, click Sharing.
- Click Save.