Create a system notification rule
Create a notification rule to email a recipient list whenever system events occur that are associated with sensor connection concerns, unsupported firmware versions, and license issues.
Before you begin
- You must have full write privileges to change these settings.
- The ExtraHop system must be connected to ExtraHop Cloud Services to send notifications through email.
- Email notifications are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to add this address to your list of allowed senders.
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Notification Rules.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, type a unique name for the notification rule.
- In the Description field, add information about the notification rule.
- In the Event Type section, select System.
In the System Events section, select the types of events you want to include in
Option Description Sensor connection warning or error Sends a notification if a sensor is offline, disconnected from the console, or requires additional configuration. Sensor firmware warning or error Sends a notification if the firmware on a sensor is unsupported and should be upgraded to a newer version. License warning or error Sends a notification for sensor license states that need attention such as a license that is invalid, disconnected, expiring, or pending. Recordstore ingest warning Sends a notification if recordstore ingest is near (exceeds 80%) or over (exceeds 100%) your daily record ingest capacity.
- Specify individual email addresses, separated by a comma.
- In the Options section, click the Enable notification rule checkbox to enable the notification.
- Click Save.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?