Your ExtraHop appliance only trusts peers who present a Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate that is signed by one of the built-in system certificates and any certificates that you upload. Only SMTP and LDAP connections are validated through these certificates.
Before you beginYou must log in as a user with unlimited privileges to add or remove trusted certificates.
|Important:||To trust the built-in system certificates and any uploaded certificates, you must also enable SSL certificate validation on the LDAP Settings page or Email Settings page.|
- Log into the Admin UI on the ExtraHop appliance.
- In the Network Settings section, click Trusted Certificates.
- Optional: The ExtraHop appliance ships with a set of built-in certificates. Select Trust System Certificates if you want to trust these certificates, and then click Save.
- To add your own certificate, click Add Certificate and then paste the contents of the PEM-encoded certificate chain into the Certificate field
- Type a name into the Name field and click Add.