You can save an activity map and share it with others. By default, all activity maps that you create are private, which means that no ExtraHop users can view or edit your map. However, you can share your map when you save it by granting view or edit access to other ExtraHop users and groups.
Here are some important considerations about sharing activity maps:
- How a user interacts with an activity map and the information they can view in the ExtraHop system is determined by user privileges, which are assigned by the ExtraHop administrator. For more information, see the User privileges section in the ExtraHop Admin UI Guide.
- When you grant a user edit access, that user can modify and share the activity map with others. However, other users cannot delete the activity map. Only the map owner can delete an activity map.
- Group information is imported into the ExtraHop system from LDAP (such as OpenLDAP or Active Directory). User information is available after an ExtraHop user logs in to their account.
- If you are deleting a user, you will have the option to transfer their activity maps to another user.
The following steps show you how to save and share an activity map:
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Create an activity map.
Click the Save icon in the upper right corner of the
page, as shown in the following figure.
- Type a name for your map. The name must be unique.
- Optional: Type a description.
Change the permalink shortcode to a user-friendly name.
For example, you can configure a map to display alert statuses and append "/alerts" to the shortcode to let users know that the saved map displays alerts by default.
Note: The shortcode cannot contain spaces and the shortcode must be unique.
Share your dashboard by completing the following steps:
- Type a username or group.
Make one of the following selections:
Type of Access Selection ExtraHop users can view Select Can view and then click Add. ExtraHop users can both view and edit Click Can view and then click Can edit. Click Add.
Tip: You can also modify the properties for a saved map by clicking the command menu and then clicking Map Properties. To quickly modify share permissions, click the command menu and then click Share.
You can remove or modify access to an activity map that you granted to users and groups. You must first create an activity map to access options to modify saved activity maps.
Create an activity map, and then
click the Open icon in the upper, as shown in the
- Click the activity map name.
In the Sharing section, complete one of the following steps:
- To remove access for users or groups, click the red delete x icon next to the user or group name.
- To change access for an existing user or group, click Can view or Can edit, and make a different selection.
- To add a new user or group, search for and click the user name. Click Can view or Can edit, and then click Add.
- Click Save.