When you purchase a new appliance, you will receive an email with a new license key that must added to your appliance. This guide provides instructions on how to apply the new license key and activate all of your purchased modules.
Your ExtraHop appliance must be able to resolve the *.d.extrahop.com domain from the DNS server settings that you configured on your ExtraHop appliance.
First, verify that your environment can resolve DNS entries for the ExtraHop
licensing server. Open a terminal application on your Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
client and run the following command:
nslookup -type=NS d.extrahop.comIf the name resolution is successful, output similar to the following appears:
Non-authoritative answer: d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.use.d.extrahop.com. d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.usw.d.extrahop.com.If the name resolution is not successful, make sure that your DNS server is properly configured to lookup the extrahop.com domain.
- In your browser, type the URL of the ExtraHop Admin UI, https://<extrahop_ip_address>/admin.
- Review the license agreement, select I Agree, and then click Submit.
- On the login screen, type setup for the username.
For the password, select from the following options:
- For 1U and 2U appliances, type the service tag number found on the pullout tab on the front of the appliance.
- For the EDA 1100, type the serial number displayed in the Appliance info section of the LCD menu. The serial number is also printed on the bottom of the appliance.
- For a virtual appliance in AWS, type the instance ID, which is the string of characters that follow i- (but not i- itself).
- For all other virtual appliances, type default.
- Click Log In.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click License.
Click Manage License and then choose one of the
- Click Register, type your product key in the field, and then click Register.
- If you received a license file from ExtraHop Support, click Manage License, click Update to paste the contents of the file into the Enter License field, and then click Update.
Next stepsHave more questions about ExtraHop licensing? See the License FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions about how ExtraHop licensing works.