The following procedures show you how to upgrade your ExtraHop appliance to the latest firmware release. If you need assistance with your upgrade, contact ExtraHop Support.
Before you begin
- Download the firmware from the ExtraHop Customer Portal to your computer.
- If you have an ExtraHop Command appliance, upgrade the Command appliance first followed by all connected Discover appliances, and then upgrade all connected Explore and Trace appliances. The Command appliance firmware version must be greater than or equal to the firmware version of any connected appliances.
- For large Command appliance deployments (managing 50,000 devices or more), reserve a minimum of one hour to perform the upgrade.
- You must upgrade all Explore nodes in an Explore cluster. Note that during the upgrade, any nodes on different firmware versions are unable to communicate with each other.
- You must disable all triggers on the Discover appliances that commit records to the Explore cluster and disable automatic flow records before upgrading. You can re-enable these settings after the Explore cluster status returns to Green. Note that records will not be collected during the upgrade.
- Log into the Admin UI on the ExtraHop appliance.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click Firmware.
- Click Upgrade.
On the Upgrade Firmware page, select one of the following options:
- To upload firmware from a file, click Choose File, navigate to the .tar file you want to upload, and click Open.
- To upload firmware from a URL, click retrieve from URL instead and then type the URL in the Firmware URL field.
- If you do not want to automatically restart the appliance after the firmware is installed, clear the Automatically restart appliance after installation checkbox.
The ExtraHop appliance initiates the firmware upgrade. You can monitor the progress of the upgrade with the Updating progress bar. The appliance restarts after the firmware is installed.
- If you did not choose to automatically restart the appliance, click Reboot to restart the system.
|Note:||Your browser might time out
after 5 minutes of inactivity. Refresh the browser page if the update appears
If the browser session times out before the ExtraHop appliance is able to complete the update process, you can try the following connectivity tests to confirm the status up the upgrade process: