Place your dashboard into Edit Layout mode to add, delete, or rearrange the widgets and regions on your dashboard layout. You can only add or delete widgets or regions when the dashboard is in Edit Layout mode.
When you create a new dashboard, the dashboard is automatically placed into Edit Layout Mode. To edit the layout of an existing dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance and click Dashboards at the top of the page.
- Select a dashboard that you want to edit.
- Click the command menu in the upper right corner of the page, and then select Edit Layout.
In Edit Layout mode, select from the following options:
- Add widgets and regions
Click-and-drag a widget or region from the bottom of the page and place it onto the dashboard.Widgets are configurable dashboard components that provide the following functions:
Chart: add metrics and select chart types to visualize data
Text box: add explanations, links, and images to your dashboard
Alert History widget: scan up to 40 recent alerts, sorted by severity
Activity group: monitor devices that are grouped together automatically by protocol activity in the ExtraHop system
Regions contain and logically group widgets together. Click-and-drag widgets into a region. The width of a region can include a maximum of six widgets. The length of a region and dashboard is unlimited.
- Delete widgets and regions
- To delete a region, click Delete in the region header. To delete a widget, click the title and then select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- Arrange the placement of widgets and regions
Click the header of a region or widget to drag them into a different location. Click and drag the edge of a region or widget to resize them.
If dashboard components overlap, they will be outlined in red. You must click and drag the sides of the widgets and regions to make room.
- Duplicate charts
- Click Duplicate to create a copy of a chart or text box in the same region.
- Optional: Click Remove Extra Space to remove the empty vertical white space around widgets. Empty vertical white space will be removed from every region on the dashboard.
Click Exit Layout Mode in the upper right corner of the
page to save your changes.
Note: If an error message appears, another user might be making changes. It is best practice for each ExtraHop user to have an individual account.