Before you can query for packets, you must connect the console and all sensors to the packetstore.
Connected to a sensor
Connected to sensor and console
- Log in to the Administration settings on the sensor.
- In the ExtraHop Trace Settings section, click Connect Trace Appliances.
- Type the hostname or IP address of the packetstore in the Appliance hostname field.
- Click Pair.
- Note the information listed in the Fingerprint field. Verify that the fingerprint listed on this page matches the fingerprint of the packetstore listed on the Fingerprint page in the Administration settings of the packetstore.
- Type the password of the packetstore setup user in the Trace Setup Password field.
- Click Connect.
To connect additional packetstores, repeat steps 2 through 7.
Note: You can connect a sensor to twenty or fewer packetstores, and you can connect a console to fifty or fewerpacketstores.
- If you have a console, log in to the Administration settings on the console and repeat steps 3 through 7 for all packetstores.