Create a notification rule to email a recipient list whenever system events occur that are associated with sensor connection concerns, unsupported firmware versions, and license issues.
The ExtraHop system creates a default system notification rule that includes all system events and is assigned to the initial Administrator to log in to the console. You can disable or edit the default rule.
Before you begin
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Notification Rules.
- Click Create.
- In the Name field, type a unique name for the notification rule.
- In the Description field, add information about the notification rule.
- In the Event Type section, select System.
In the System Events section, select the types of events you want to include in
Option Description Sensor connection warning or error Sends a notification if a sensor is offline, disconnected from the console, or requires additional configuration. Sensor firmware upgrade available Sends a notification if the firmware on a sensor is unsupported and should be upgraded or if a newer firmware version is available for a sensor and the version is not later than the console firmware, if connected. License warning or error Sends a notification for sensor license states that need attention such as a license that is invalid, disconnected, expiring, or pending. Recordstore ingest warning Sends a notification if recordstore ingest is near (exceeds 80%) or over (exceeds 100%) your daily record ingest capacity.
- Specify individual email addresses, separated by a comma.
- In the Options section, click the Enable notification rule checkbox to enable the notification.
- Click Save.