This guide explains how to install the SSD for packet capture in the EDA 4200, EDA 6200, EDA 8200, EDA 9200, and EDA 10200 appliances.
|You must have Unlimited user privileges to complete the steps in this guide.
The SSD for packet capture is hot-swappable. You do not need to power off the ExtraHop appliance to complete this procedure.
- Remove the front bezel. Press and hold the release button on the left end of the bezel and swing the bezel slightly to the right. Gently pull the bezel forward until it disconnects from the USB connector on the right side of the appliance.
Insert the SSD for packet capture that you received from ExtraHop Networks into
the correct drive slot.
EDA 6200 - Slot 6
EDA 8200 - Slot 8
EDA 9200 and EDA 10200 - Slot 14
|The capture process restarts when you enable the packet capture disk.
- Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click Disks.
- In the Unused Disks section, next to SSD Assisted Packet Capture, click Enable.
- Click OK to add the packet capture disk.
Follow the steps below to ensure that you can successfully write packets to the new packet capture disk.
- In the Packet Captures section, click Global Packet Capture.
- Type a name for the packet capture and then click Start.
- Click Stop.
Return to the Administration settings and click View and Download Packet
Note: On Reveal(x) systems, go to the Packets page and confirm that packets appear in the packets table.
- Verify that your named packet capture appears in the packet capture list.
- Click the name of the packet capture and download the file to your computer.