Configure remote sites for custom devices
Custom devices are useful for monitoring traffic outside of your local broadcast domain, such as branch offices, stores, or clinics. You can collect remote site metrics about custom devices to easily learn how remote locations consume services and to gain visibility into traffic between remote sites and a data center.
For example, build a dashboard and add a custom device as the metric source to see remote site metrics such as inbound and outbound throughput, retransmission timeouts, round trip times, and zero windows. See the Protocol Metrics Reference for a full list of remote site metrics and descriptions.
Here are some important considerations about remote sites for custom devices:
- Remote site configuration applies to all enabled custom devices; you cannot configure remote sites for an individual custom device.
- Remote site metrics are only displayed in the Metric Catalog and the Metric Explorer if remote site metric collection is enabled.
Before you beginYou must have full write privileges or higher.
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Custom Devices.
- Click Configure Remote Sites.
- Select or clear the Collect remote site metrics checkbox.
- Click Save.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?