Monitor how effectively data is transmitted over the data link, network, and transport (L2 - L4) layers.
The Network Performance dashboard is a built-in, system dashboard, and you cannot edit, delete, or add a system dashboard to a collection. However, you can copy a chart from a system dashboard and add it to a custom dashboard, or you can make a copy of the dashboard and edit it to monitor metrics that are relevant to you.
Each chart in the Network Performance dashboard contains visualizations of network metric data, organized by region. The following information summarizes each region.
- Network L2 Metrics
- Monitor the throughput rates over the data link (L2) layer by bits and packets, and monitor the types of frames transmitted. You can also determine how much data is sent to receivers by unicast, broadcast, or multicast distribution.
- Network L4 Metrics
- Monitor data transfer latency over the transport layer (L4). View TCP activity through connection, request, and response metrics. This data can indicate how effectively data is sent and received across the transport layer in your network.
- Network Performance
- Monitor how network performance is affecting applications. View overall network throughput by reviewing the throughput per application protocol and the magnitude of high TCP round trip times.
- Network L3 Metrics
- View data throughput at the network layer (L3) and see packets and traffic by TCP/IP protocols.
- View a breakdown of packets and traffic by Differentiated Services code points, which is part of the DiffServ network architecture. Every IP packet contains a field to express the priority of how the packet should be handled, which is called differentiated services. The values for the priorities are called code points.
- Multicast Groups
- View traffic that is sent to multiple receivers in a single transmission, and see packets and traffic by each receiver group. Multicast traffic on a network is organized into groups based on destination addresses.
|Note:||From a console, you can display the Network Performance dashboard for each connected site. The site name appears in the navigation bar; click the down arrow next to the name to pivot the display to other sites.|