The ExtraHop system observes the network traffic on devices to automatically determine the vendor make and model, but you can manually change the device model.
Here are some important considerations about changing a device model:
- Devices are automatically added and removed from dynamic device groups with criteria based on device models.
- You can change a device model from sensors and consoles. When the device is updated on a console, the change is synchronized to connected sensors. However, the change is not synchronized from individual sensors to the connected console.
Before you beginYou must have full write privileges or higher.
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- At the top of the page, click Assets.
- Click Devices in the left pane, and then click the Active Devices chart.
Filter the device list to find the device you want and then click the device
The Device Overview page appears, which displays traffic and protocol activity for the selected device.
- Click Edit Properties.
In the Device Model section, select one of the following
Option Description Auto
- Select to enable the ExtraHop system to automatically determine the device make and model, which appears in parentheses.
- Select to manually specify the device make and model.
- Click Specify a device make... and type the name of the make you want. The drop-down list displays matching makes.
- Select a make from the drop-down list or type a custom make name.
- Click Specify a device model... and type the name of the model you want. If you selected an existing make, the drop-down list displays matching models for that make.
- Select a model from the drop-down list or type a custom model name.
- Click Save.