Configure a raw data target for an open data stream
You can export raw data on an ExtraHop system to any server for long-term archiving and comparison with other sources. In addition, you can select an option to compress the data through GZIP.
Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through
Repeat these steps on each Discover appliance in your environment.
- In the System Configuration section, click Open Data Streams.
- Click Add Target.
- From the Target Type drop-down menu, select Raw.
- In the Name field, type a name to identify the target.
- In the Host field, type hostname or IP address of the remote server.
- In the Port field, type the port number of the remote server.
From the Protocol drop-down menu, select one of the
following protocols over which to transmit data:
Enable GZIP compression of the transmitted data.
- Select GZIP compression.
Provide a value for each of the following fields:
- Number of bytes after which to refresh GZIP
- The default value is 64000 bytes.
- Number of seconds after which to refresh GZIP
- The default value is 300 seconds.
Click Test to establish a connection between the
ExtraHop system and the remote server and send a test message to the
The dialog box displays a message that indicates whether the connection succeeded or failed. If the test fails, edit the target configuration and test the connection again.
- Click Save.
Next stepsCreate a trigger that specifies what raw message data to send and initiates the transmission of data to the target. For more information, see the Remote.Raw class in the ExtraHop Trigger API Reference.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?