By default, DHCP is enabled on your ExtraHop system. If your network does not support DHCP, an IP address cannot be acquired, and you must configure a static address manually.
Before you beginYou must have the password for the shell and setup user accounts. See Default User Accounts FAQ for the default passwords for these user accounts.
- Access the CLI through an SSH connection, by connecting a USB keyboard and SVGA monitor to the appliance, or through an RS-232 serial cable and a terminal emulator program. The terminal emulator must be set to 115200 bps with 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (8N1), and hardware flow control should be disabled.
- At the login prompt, type shell and then press ENTER.
- At the password prompt, type the shell user password.
To configure the static IP address, run the following commands:
Enable privileged commands:
- At the password prompt, type the setup user password, and then press ENTER.
Enter configuration mode:
Enter the interface configuration mode:
Run the ip command and specify the IP address and
DNS settings in the following format: ip ipaddr <ip_address>
<netmask> <gateway> <dns_server>
ip ipaddr 10.10.2.14 255.255.0.0 10.10.1.253 10.10.1.254
Leave the interface configuration section:
Save the running config file:
- Type y and then press ENTER.
- Enable privileged commands:
You can now access the ExtraHop system from any web browser through the assigned IP address.