Configure a static IP address through the CLI
By default, DHCP is enabled on your ExtraHop system. If your network does not support DHCP, an IP address cannot be acquired, and you must configure a static address manually.
Before you beginYou must have the password for the shell and setup user accounts. See Default User Accounts FAQ for the default passwords for these user accounts.
- Access the CLI through an SSH connection, by connecting a USB keyboard and SVGA monitor to the appliance, or through an RS-232 serial cable and a terminal emulator program. The terminal emulator must be set to 115200 bps with 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (8N1), and hardware flow control should be disabled.
- At the login prompt, type shell and then press ENTER.
- At the password prompt, type the shell user password.
To configure the static IP address, run the following commands:
Enable privileged commands:
- At the password prompt, type the setup user password, and then press ENTER.
Enter configuration mode:
Enter the interface configuration mode:
Run the ip command and specify the IP address and
DNS settings in the following format: ip ipaddr <ip_address>
<netmask> <gateway> <dns_server>
ip ipaddr 10.10.2.14 255.255.0.0 10.10.1.253 10.10.1.254
Leave the interface configuration section:
Save the running config file:
- Type y and then press ENTER.
- Enable privileged commands:
You can now access the ExtraHop system from any web browser through the assigned IP address.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?