Flex Reports contain data from legacy protocol pages and custom pages can help you can highlight activity from a specific time period for a specific device, application, or network. Access Flex Report from the System Settings > Legacy Settings.
|Important:||Flex Reports are deprecated and will be removed in a future release. We recommend that you schedule a report for a dashboard from a Command appliance. For more information, see Create a scheduled report.|
The following information shows you how to create, download, and schedule Flex Reports.
In the Discover and Command appliances, you can create a legacy Flex Report of network activity to share with others. Flex Reports are PDF files that highlight metric data from a legacy protocol page or custom page you select for a specific time period.
|Important:||Flex Reports are deprecated and will be removed in a future release.|
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the Systems Settings icon .
- Hover over Legacy Settings and then click Flex Reports page.
- On the Reports page, click New.
- In the Report name field, type a name.
- In the Description field, type information that you would like to display at the top of your report.
- Optional: Select Include description in report to make sure your description is included in the PDF file.
- Skip the Report items field for now. You will select metrics in step 9 that will automatically populate this field.
- Click OK. Your new report appears on the Reports page in System Settings.
Close the Reports window and click
Metrics at the top of the page to select data for
your report. For example, to add HTTP and TCP metrics from the All Activity
application to your report, complete the following steps:
- Click Metrics and then click Application.
- In the bottom left corner of the page, click Switch to legacy layout.
- Select All Activity.
- Select Web in the left pane.
Near the top right corner of the page, click Add to
Report. From the drop-down list, select your report
name. All the HTTP metrics displayed on this protocol page will be added
to your report.
- To add more metrics, click a protocol in the left pane. For example, click L4. Then, click the Add to Report icon.
- To add more metrics from sources, repeat step 9 by selecting another source and select a protocol page.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Reports again.
From the table, select your report. You will see metrics listed in the
Report items field.
- Download a Flex Report (Discover and Command appliance)
After creating a report for a legacy Flex Report, you can download a PDF file containing data from a specific period of time.
- Log into the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon .
- Hover over Legacy Settings and then click Flex Reports.
- From the table, click the name of the report you want to view.
From the View report for drop-down menu, select the time period for your
report, as shown in the figure below.
- Optional: Change the name, description, or remove report items before you generate the report.
A PDF file of the report downloads to your computer.
- Review Reports FAQ