This guide explains how to add a CPU core to an ExtraHop virtual Discover appliance that is running in a VMware environment.
The Discover 1000v appliance requires a minimum of two processing cores with hyper-threading support. If you want to enable SSL decryption, we recommend that you add a third processing core to avoid performance degradation.
|Note:||You must have an ExtraHop license before you can enable SSL decryption.|
- Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click Shutdown or Restart.
In the System row, click Shutdown.
Note: You must save or revert changes to the running config file before shutting down or restarting the system.
- Log in to the VMware vSphere client.
- In the left panel, select the ExtraHop VM.
- Click the Summary tab and then click Edit Settings.
- In the Virtual Machine Properties window, click CPUs.
- From the Number of virtual sockets drop-down list, select 3.
- Click OK.
- On the Summary tab, under the Commands section, click Power On.