Explore Post-deployment Checklist
After you deploy the ExtraHop Explore appliance, log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin, and configure the following settings.
- Maintain system security after the evaluation period. Change the default password. For more information, see the Default User Accounts FAQ.
- Time is critical in the ExtraHop system, particularly when doing event correlation with time-based metrics and logs. Verify that the NTP settings are correct for your infrastructure, test settings, and sync NTP. For more information, see Configure the system time.
- Time Zone
- The correct time zone is critical to run scheduled reports at the correct time. Ensure the ExtraHop system has the correct time zone. For more information, see Configure the system time.
- Remote Authentication
- Set up remote authentication. The ExtraHop system integrates with LDAP, RADIUS, and TACACS+ for remote integration.
- Firmware Update
- The ExtraHop firmware is updated often with enhancements and resolved defects. Verify that you have the current firmware. For more information, see Upgrade the firmware on your ExtraHop system.
- Audit Logging
- The ExtraHop system can send events to a remote syslog collector. For more information, see the Send audit log data to a remote syslog server.
- The ExtraHop system can email alerts and system-health notifications. Set up and test notifications. For more information, see Configure email settings for notifications.
- System Notifications
- The ExtraHop system can send email notifications if disk errors are detected. Add email addresses to receive system health notifications. For more information, see Notifications.
- Each physical ExtraHop appliance has an iDRAC port, similar to iLO or KVM over Ethernet. Connect and configure the iDRAC port. For more information, see Configure the iDRAC Remote Access Console.
- SSL Certificate
- Each ExtraHop system ships with a self-signed certificate. If you have a PKI deployment, generate your own certificate and upload it to each ExtraHop system. For more information, see the SSL Certificate section.
- DNS A Record
- It is easier to access an Explore system by hostname than by IP address. Create an A record in your DNS root ("exa.yourdomain.local") for each Explore appliance in your deployment. Refer to your DNS administration manual.
- Cloud Services
- Connect to ExtraHop Cloud Services to enable Remote Access. For more information, see Connect to ExtraHop Cloud Services.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?