If you enable SNMP polling on your flow network configuration, you must specify the credentials that allow you to poll the network device. The SNMP authentication credentials apply to all flow networks in a CIDR block and are automatically applied to every discovered flow network unless custom credentials are configured.
- In the Network Settings section, click Flow Networks.
- In the Shared SNMP Credentials section, click Add SNMP Credentials.
- Type the IPv4 CIDR block in the CIDR field. For example, type 10.0.0.0/8 to match any IP address that starts with 10 or 10.10.0.0/16 to match any IP address that starts with 10.10. You cannot configure an IP address to match all traffic.
- Select v1, v2c, or v3 from the SNMP version drop-down list and then complete the remaining fields.
- Click Save.
In the Actions column for the approved flow network, click
The ExtraHop system polls for the following information:
- The system name of the SNMP agent. This identifier is assigned by SNMP to the flow network. OID: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0.
- The interface name of each interface on the SNMP agent. These identifiers are for each flow interface on the flow network. OID: 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1.2.
- The interface speed of each interface on the SNMP agent. OID: 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.5 and 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.1.1.15.