This guide explains how to add a CPU core to an ExtraHop virtual Discover appliance that is running in a Hyper-V environment.
The Discover 1000v requires a minimum of two processing cores with hyper-threading support. If you want to enable SSL decryption, we recommend that you add a third processing core to avoid performance degradation.
|You must have an ExtraHop license to enable SSL decryption.
- Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click Shutdown or Restart.
In the System row, click Shutdown.
Note: You must save or revert changes to the running config file before shutting down or restarting the system.
- Open the Hyper-V Manager.
- In the Virtual Machines list, select the name of the virtual machine. For example, ExtraHop-EDA1000v.
- In the right panel, under the name of the virtual machine, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Processor.
- From the Number of virtual processors drop-down list, select 3.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- In the right panel, under the name of the virtual machine, click Start.