You can export data on an ExtraHop system to any Kafka server for long-term archiving and comparison with other sources.
Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through
Repeat these steps on each Discover appliance in your environment.
- In the System Configuration section, click Open Data Streams.
- Click Add Target.
- From the Target Type drop-down menu, select Kafka.
- In the Name field, type a name to identify the target.
From the Compression drop-down list, select one of the
following compression methods that will be applied to the transmitted
From the Partition strategy drop-down list, select one of
the following partitioning methods that will be applied to the transmitted
- Default (Hash Key)
- Round Robin
Specify at least one Kafka broker, also referred to as a node in a Kafka
cluster, that can receive transmitted data.
Note: You can add multiple brokers that are part of the same Kafka cluster to ensure connectivity in case a single broker is unavailable. All brokers must be part of the same cluster.
- In the Host field, type the hostname or IP address of the Kafka broker.
- In the Port field, type the port number of the Kafka broker.
- Click the plus (+) icon.
Click Test to establish a connection between the
ExtraHop system and the remote Kafka server and send a test message to the
The dialog box displays a message that indicates whether the connection succeeded or failed. If the test fails, edit the target configuration and test the connection again.
- Click Save.