Configure a global packet capture
A global packet capture collects every packet that is sent to the ExtraHop system for the duration that matches the criteria.
- Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the Packet Captures section, click Global Packet Capture.
In the Start Global Packet Capture section, complete the
following fields. You only need to specify the criteria you want for the packet
Name: A name to identify the packet capture.
Max Packets: The maximum number of packets to capture.
Max Bytes: The maximum number of bytes to captures.
Max Duration (milliseconds): The maximum duration of the packet capture in milliseconds. We recommend the default value of 1000 (1 second), or configure up to 60000 milliseconds (1 minute).
Snaplen: The maximum number of bytes copied per frame. The default value is 96 bytes, but you can set this value to a number between 1 and 65535.
- Click Start.
- Click Stop to stop the packet capture before any of the maximum limits are reached.
- On Reveal(x) Enterprise systems, click Packets from the top menu.
- On ExtraHop Performance systems, click the System Settings icon , click Administration, and then click View and Download Packet Captures in the Packet Capture section.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?