Create a dashboard with dynamic sources
You can create a dashboard with dynamic sources to enable users to change the source of the dashboard at any time. If you have created a large number of dashboards that all have the same metrics, but different sources, you might want to consider replacing those dashboards with a single, dynamic-source dashboard.
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- At the top of the page, click Dashboards.
- Select a dashboard that you want to edit.
Set the source of each chart to a source type variable.
- Click the name of a chart and then click Edit.
In the Sources field, type
The Source Type Variables list appears.
- From the Source Type Variables list, select the type of source that you are replacing. For example, if you are replacing a device source, select $device.
At the top of the dashboard, the View Source drop-down menu appears.
From the View Source drop-down menu, select the source
that you would like to view metrics for.
If no data is displayed in the dashboard charts, try refreshing the page.
|Tip:||If you want to hide the dynamic source menu from your dashboard, append
the following parameter to the end of the dashboard page URL:
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?