This guide provides instructions on how to apply a new product key and activate all of your purchased modules. You must have privileges on the ExtraHop system to access the Administration settings.
Before you begin
|Note:||If you are registering a Discover or Command appliance, you can optionally enter the product key after you accept the EULA and log in to the ExtraHop system (https://<extrahop_ip_address>/).|
- Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- Review the license agreement, select I Agree, and then click Submit.
- On the login screen, type setup for the username.
For the password, select from the following options:
- For 1U and 2U appliances, type the serial number printed on the label on the back of the appliance. The serial number can also be found on the LCD display on the front of the appliance in the Info section.
- For the EDA 1100, type the serial number displayed in the Appliance info section of the LCD menu. The serial number is also printed on the bottom of the appliance.
- For the EDA 1200, type the serial number printed on the back of the appliance.
- For a virtual appliance in AWS, type the instance ID, which is the string of characters that follow i- (but not i- itself).
- For a virtual appliance in GCP, type the instance ID.
- For all other virtual appliances, type default.
- Click Log In.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click License.
- Click Manage License.
If you have a product key, click Register and type
your product key into the field.
Note: If you received a license file from ExtraHop Support, click Manage License, click Update, then paste the contents of the file into the Enter License field. Click Update.
- Click Register.
Next stepsHave more questions about ExtraHop licensing works? See the License FAQ.
Your ExtraHop system must be able to resolve the *.d.extrahop.com domain from the DNS server settings that you configured on your ExtraHop system. Communication with the licensing server through DNS is required for license updates and check-ins.
nslookup -type=NS d.extrahop.com
Non-authoritative answer: d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.use.d.extrahop.com. d.extrahop.com nameserver = ns0.usw.d.extrahop.com.If the name resolution is not successful, make sure that your DNS server is properly configured to lookup the extrahop.com domain.