Configure a MongoDB target for an open data stream
You can export data on an ExtraHop system to any system that receives MongoDB input for long-term archiving and comparison with other sources.
Log in to the Administration settings on the ExtraHop system through
Repeat these steps on each Discover appliance in your environment.
- In the System Configuration section, click Open Data Streams.
- Click Add Target.
- From the Target Type drop-down menu, select MongoDB.
- In the Name field, type a name to identify the target.
- In the Host field, type the hostname or IP address of the remote MongoDB server.
- In the Port field, type the port number of the remote MongoDB server.
- Select SSL/TLS Encryption to encrypt transmitted data.
Select Skip certificate
verification to bypass certificate verification of encrypted
Note: Secure connections to the MongoDB target server can be verified through trusted certificates that you upload to the ExtraHop system.
Add users that have permission to write to a MongoDB database on the target
- In the Database field, type the name of the MongoDB database.
- In the Username field, type the username of the user.
- In the Password field, type the password of the user.
- Click the plus (+) icon.
Click Test to establish a connection between the
ExtraHop system and the remote MongoDB server and send a test message to the
The dialog box displays a message that indicates whether the connection succeeded or failed. If the test fails, edit the target configuration and test the connection again.
- Click Save.
Next stepsCreate a trigger that specifies what MongoDB message data to send and initiates the transmission of data to the target. For more information, see the Remote.MongoDB class in the ExtraHop Trigger API Reference.
Thank you for your feedback. Can we contact you to ask follow up questions?