This procedure describes how to replace a 120 GB packet capture SSD with a 480 GB SSD in the EDA 6200, EDA 8200, EDA 9200, and EDA 10200 appliances.
- Log in to the Administration page on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the Appliance Settings section, click Disks.
- In the Packet Capture section, next to SSD Assisted Packet Capture, click Configure.
- Click Remove Disk.
Select Quick Format or Secure
Erase and then click Remove.
After this step is complete, it is safe for you to remove the disk from the appliance.
- Remove the front bezel. Press and hold the release button on the left end of the bezel and swing the bezel slightly to the right. Gently pull the bezel forward until it disconnects from the USB connector on the right side of the appliance.
Remove the 120 GB drive. The drive is located in the following slot for each
EDA 6200 - Slot 6
EDA 8200 - Slot 8
EDA 9200 and EDA 10200 - Slot 14
- Insert the new 480 GB drive into the same slot where the previous drive was installed.
- Return to the Admin UI.
In the Unused Disks section, next to SSD
Assisted Packet Capture, click
- Click OK to add the packet capture disk
Follow the steps below to ensure that you can successfully write packets to the new packet capture disk.
- In the Packet Captures section, click Global Packet Capture.
- Type a name for the packet capture and then click Start.
- Click Stop.
Return to main Admin UI page and click View and Download Packet
Note: On Reveal(x) systems, go to the Packets page in the Web UI and confirm that packets appear in the packets table.
- Verify that your named packet capture appears in the packet capture list.
- Click the name of the packet capture and download the file to your computer.
The drive replacement procedure is complete. You do not need to return the 120 GB disk to ExtraHop Networks.