You can export raw data on an ExtraHop Discover appliance to any server for long-term archiving and comparison with other sources. In addition, you can select an option to compress the data through GZIP.
- Log in to the Administration page on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the System Configuration section, click Open Data Streams.
- Click Add Target.
- From the Target Type drop-down menu, select Raw.
- In the Name field, type a name to identify the target.
- In the Host field, type hostname or IP address of the remote server.
- In the Port field, type the port number of the remote server.
From the Protocol drop-down menu, select one of the
following protocols over which to transmit data:
Enable GZIP compression of the transmitted data.
- Select GZIP compression.
Provide a value for each of the following fields:
- Number of bytes after which to refresh GZIP
- The default value is 64000 bytes.
- Number of seconds after which to refresh GZIP
- The default value is 300 seconds.
Click Test to establish a connection between the
Discover appliance and the remote server and send a test message to the
The dialog box displays a message that indicates whether the connection succeeded or failed. If the test fails, edit the target configuration and test the connection again.
- Click Save.