You can export data on an ExtraHop Discover appliance to any system that receives MongoDB input for long-term archiving and comparison with other sources.
- Log in to the Administration page on the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>/admin.
- In the System Configuration section, click Open Data Streams.
- Click Add Target.
- From the Target Type drop-down menu, select MongoDB.
- In the Name field, type a name to identify the target.
- In the Host field, type the hostname or IP address of the remote MongoDB server.
- In the Port field, type the port number of the remote MongoDB server.
- Select SSL/TLS Encryption to encrypt transmitted data.
Select Skip certificate
verification to bypass certificate verification of encrypted
Note: Secure connections to the MongoDB target server can be verified through trusted certificates that you upload to the ExtraHop system.
Add users that have permission to write to a MongoDB database on the target
- In the Database field, type the name of the MongoDB database.
- In the Username field, type the username of the user.
- In the Password field, type the password of the user.
- Click the plus (+) icon.
Click Test to establish a connection between the
Discover appliance and the remote MongoDB server and send a test message to the
The dialog box displays a message that indicates whether the connection succeeded or failed. If the test fails, edit the target configuration and test the connection again.
- Click Save.