You can export data from a dashboard, protocol page, or individual chart as a PDF file.
Find the dashboard or protocol page that contains the data you want to export
and complete of one of the following steps:
- To create a PDF file of the entire page, click the command menu in the upper right corner of the page and select Print (from the Discover appliance) or Export to PDF (from the Command appliance).
- To create a PDF file of an individual chart or widget, click the chart title and select Print (from the Discover appliance) or Export to PDF (from the Command appliance) from the drop-down menu.
A PDF preview dialog opens. Complete one of the following steps:
- Click Print Page and then select PDF as the destination from the print settings in your browser.
- From a Discover appliance, click Print Widget and select PDF as the destination from the print settings in your browser.
- From a Command appliance, select PDF format customizations and then click Export to PDF. The process for generating a PDF might take several seconds.
Tip: To access PDF print options through a keyboard shortcut, type pp.
When creating a PDF file of a dashboard or protocol page from a Command appliance, you have several options for customizing the appearance of your PDF file.
- Type a custom name for your PDF file or accept the default name.
Choose one of the following page width options:
- Displays large text in chart titles and labels, but provides less space for displaying chart data. Long chart titles and labels might be truncated.
- (Recommended) Displays a view of chart titles, legends, and data that is optimized for portrait page orientation.
- Displays small text in chart titles and labels, but provides more space for displaying chart data.
Choose one of the following page break options:
- Single page
- Displays the entire dashboard or protocol page on a single, continuous page. This setting might generate a PDF file that is larger than standard printer page sizes.
- Page break per region
- Displays each chart region on an individual page.
Choose one of the following themes:
- White background with dark text.
- Black background with white text.
- Dark background with a stylized background image and text.
Click Export to PDF.
The process for generating a PDF might take several seconds.
Next stepsThe PDF file will download to your local computer. Each PDF file includes the dashboard title and time interval. Click View report on ExtraHop to open the original dashboard set to the time interval specified in the PDF file.