Adding a tag to a device helps you organize devices within the ExtraHop system. You can search for a device by tag, or create a dynamic device group based on a tag.
Before you beginCreate a device tag.
- Log in to the ExtraHop system through https://<extrahop-hostname-or-IP-address>.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Tags.
- Click a tag name in the table.
- Click Select a device.
- Type the name of a device IP address, MAC address, or hostname.
- Select a device from the search results.
- (Optional): Repeat steps 4-6 to select additional devices.
- Click Save.
Click Done to close the Tag Settings page.
Tip: You can also add a tag from a device's Overview page. Find a device and then click the device name. From the Overview page, click Edit Properties, and then click Tags.