If you have a chart that displays a device group, you can view metrics by top devices in the group, instead of viewing a single value for the entire device group. Drilling down by group member in the Metric Explorer lets you view up to 20 devices in the chart.
If you see fewer groups members in a chart than the number of results you specified, this could be because you selected an activity group with a small number of devices. For activity groups, devices are dynamically placed into an activity group based on the type of protocol traffic they are associated with.
Before you beginCreate a chart that contains a device group or activity group as the selected source. Save the chart to a dashboard.
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance and then click Dashboards at the top of the page.
Launch the Metric
Explorer to edit the chart by completing the following steps:
- Select a dashboard containing the chart that you want to edit.
- Click the chart title and select Edit.
- In the Details field, click Drill down by <None>, where <None> is the name of the detail metric currently displayed in your chart. Then, select Group Member.
- In the top results field, enter the number of group members that you want to display. These devices will have the highest metric values. You can display up to 20 group members.
Click Save to close the Metric Explorer.
Note: If you drill down by group member, you cannot perform additional drill downs to see detail metrics for each device by a key. To see detail metrics by key for a device, we recommend creating another chart with specific devices selected as the source.