If you want to stop collecting custom metric data and remove the custom metric from the ExtraHop system, you must disable the trigger and then delete the custom metric entry from the Metric Catalog.
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance and click the Systems Settings icon at the top of the page.
- Click Triggers.
Find the trigger associated with the custom metric you want to delete. Select
the checkbox next to the trigger name and then click
The trigger will stop collecting data for your custom metrics.
- Close the Trigger window and click the System Settings icon again.
- Click Metric Catalog.
To delete a single custom metric, complete the following steps:
- Search for the metric and select it from the list.
- Click the command menu next to the Type to filter field and select Delete Selected Metric.
To delete multiple custom metrics, complete the following steps:
- Search for a common term shared by the custom metrics you want to delete.
- Click the command menu next to the Type to filter field.
Select the Custom Metrics Only checkbox.
Built-in metrics are excluded from the search results.
Select Delete All Matching Metrics.
You can delete up to 1,000 metrics that match the search term even if they are not on the current page.
- Click Delete x Metrics to confirm their deletion.