Configure an alert to send a notification by email or by SNMP when the alert occurs. You can add email notifications to an alert configuration. An email containing alert details is sent to specified addresses when an alert is generated. You can also send notifications to an SNMP listener.
Your ExtraHop appliance must be configured to send notifications. If you want an alert to be sent to multiple email addresses, configure an email group. If you want to send notifications through SNMP, configure the SNMP listener.
- Log into the Web UI on a Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Alerts.
- From the Alerts table, click the alert you want.
In the Notifications section, specify the email groups and addresses to notify
when the alert occurs.
- Click Select an email notification group and click one or more email groups.
- Type individual email addresses. Multiple addresses must be separated by a comma.
- (Optional): Click Send SNMP trap to send notifications to an SNMP listener.
Add additional metrics to the email notification.
The email includes the value of these metrics when the alert occurred. Additional metrics are only available for threshold and trend alerts.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- In the Additional Metrics in Email Notifications section, click Add Metric.
In the search field, type the name of a metric and then select the
metric from the search results.
The metric must be compatible with the assigned source type and the monitored metric, such as devices and device metrics.
- Click Save.