By default, the Discover appliance manages its own analysis priorities, which determine which devices receive Advanced Analysis or Standard Analysis. If your Discover appliance is connected to a Command appliance, you can transfer priority management to that Command appliance. Then, instead of configuring rules on each Discover appliance, you can manage all of your analysis priorities from one Command appliance.
Here are some important considerations about transferring management:
- You must have full write privileges to edit analysis priorities.
- After transferring management to a Command appliance, any changes you make on the Discover appliance will be inactive.
The following steps show you how to transfer priority management:
- Log into the Web UI on a Discover appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Analysis Priorities.
- At the top of the page, click the Appliance drop-down list and select appliance that you want to transfer management to.
- Click Transfer.
|Tip:||To avoid analysis disruptions when transferring management to a Command
appliance, first draft analysis priorities for your Discover appliance on the
Command appliance and then save those settings. These inactive settings will not be
synced to the Discover appliance until you transfer management to the Command