Charts are an essential tool for visualizing, analyzing, and understanding network behavior. You can create a custom chart from a dashboard or protocol page to visualize data from any of the 4,000+ built-in metrics or custom metrics available in the ExtraHop system. For example, if you observe an interesting server metric while troubleshooting, you can create a chart to visualize and further analyze that metric. Customized charts are then saved to dashboards.
Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance and
complete one of the following steps:
- Click Dashboards at the top of the page.
- Click Assets at the top of the page. Select a source from the left pane, and then click the name of an application, device, device group, or network from the center pane. A protocol page for the source appears.
- Click the command menu in the upper right corner of the page and then select Create Chart.
- Edit the chart in the Metric Explorer.
To save your chart, click Add to Dashboard and complete
one of the following steps:
- Select the name of an existing dashboard from the list. The dashboard list is ordered from the most recently created dashboards (at the bottom) to the oldest dashboards (at the top).
- Select Create Dashboard. In the Dashboard Properties window, type a name for the new dashboard and then click Create.
Tip: Here are some other ways to create a chart:
- If you find a chart you like on a protocol page or dashboard, you can recreate and save that chart to your dashboard. Click the chart title and then select Create Chart From....
- You can edit a dashboard layout and click-and-drag a new chart widget onto the dashboard.