Although you configure alert settings from the System Settings window, you assign an alert configuration to a source from the Metrics page in the ExtraHop Web UI. You must assign an alert to a source before it can monitor your environment.
Before you beginYou must configure an alert before it can be assigned. See Configure threshold alert settings, Configure trend alert settings, or Configure detection alert settings.
For detection alerts, you can only assign the alert configuration to the same source type you selected in the alert settings.
The following procedure shows you how to assign an alert configuration to a device, which is similar for assigning alert configurations to applications and device groups.
- Log into the Web UI on the ExtraHop Discover or Command appliance.
- Click Metrics from the top menu.
- Click Devices in the left pane.
- Select the checkbox for each device you want monitored by the alert configuration.
- Click the Assign Alert icon from the top of the page.
- Select the checkbox for each alert configuration you want to assign to the selected devices.
- Click Assign Alerts.
|Tip:||You can also manage alert assignments from the Overview page for a source. From the Manage... section, click Assignments or Alerts to add or remove alert assignments from the source and to view which alerts are already assigned to the source.|
- View generated alerts on the Alerts page