You can save system configurations to a bundle file and then upload that file to other appliances or share your bundle with the ExtraHop community.
Before you beginIf you are planning to upload your bundle to the ExtraHop Solution Bundle Gallery, we recommend you first read the Bundles Best Practices Guide. The guide describes how to configure your bundle to function properly in other environments.
- Log into the Web UI on the Discover or Command appliance.
- Click the System Settings icon and then click Bundles.
- On the Bundles page, click New.
Complete the following information in the Bundle Settings
- Assign a name to the bundle.
- Specify the creator of the bundle. This name is applied to the author field of all objects in the bundle. If you do not specify an author, each bundle object retains its author setting.
- Required Version
- Specify the earliest version of ExtraHop firmware that the bundle
can run on. We recommend that you specify the version of ExtraHop
firmware that is currently running on your appliance. Specifying the
current version prevents your bundle from being accidentally
installed on an appliance that does not support the bundle.
Note: If you try to import a bundle that requires a newer firmware version, a warning message displays in the Actions section of the Bundle Settings window. However, this warning does not prevent someone from uploading and applying the bundle.
- Select the system configurations that you want to add to the bundle, such as triggers, dashboards, and alerts. Click the arrow to expand the list of available items.
- Description (Optional)
- Type a description about the bundle.
- Click OK to save the bundle.
- In the Bundles table, click the name of the bundle you created.
The .json bundle file is downloaded to your local machine.