You can filter, sort, rearrange, and create folders to help you organize dashboards within the dashboard dock (left pane) on the Dashboards page.
By default, dashboards are placed within the following dock folders:
- Dashboard Inbox
- Displays a list of dashboards that have been shared with you by other users. The Dashboard Inbox folder appears only if one or more dashboard have been shared with you.
- My Dashboards
- Displays a list of dashboards that you created. You can keep your dashboards private or share them with other users. Editing access to your dashboard can be granted on a per-user or user group basis. For more information, see Share a dashboard.
- System Dashboards
- Displays the Activity and Network dashboards, which are built-in dashboards that provide you with a general overview of network behavior and health. You can copy a system dashboard, but you cannot delete, modify, move, or share these dashboards.
To organize dashboards across the dock, you can filter and sort dashboards with the controls at the top of the dashboard dock. You can also create and add custom dashboard folders.
Here are some considerations about organizing dashboards:
- The dock must be in Edit Dock mode to rearrange dashboards. Click the command menu in the lower right corner of the dashboard dock and then select Edit Dock. You can also type the keyboard shortcut, OD. Click the Exit Edit Mode icon in the lower right corner of the dock when you are finished.
- You cannot rearrange dashboards in the dock when they are sorted in ascending or
descending order. You must first select the Custom Order icon at the
top of the dashboard dock, as shown in the following figure.
- You cannot move dashboards in or out of the System Dashboards folder.
- When you filter dashboards, only the dashboards or folders that match the search string appear in the dashboard dock.
- You cannot remove dashboards from the dock unless you delete them. To hide a dashboard,
you can move the dashboard into a custom folder.
Important: If you are a dashboard owner and you delete your dashboard from the dock, you cannot recover it. You can recover a shared dashboard that you deleted from the dock if the dashboard owner removes your access and shares with you again.
You can create folders to organize dashboards in the dashboard dock. First create the folder, then edit the dock to add dashboards to the folder.
- Log into the WebUI on the Discover or Command appliance and click Dashboards at the top of the page.
- In the bottom corner of the dashboard dock, click the command menu , and then click New Folder.
Type a name for the folder and then click Save.
An empty dashboard folder is added to the bottom of the dashboard dock.
- In the bottom corner of the dashboard dock, click the command menu , and then click Edit Dock.
- Click-and-drag dashboards into the folder. Note that you cannot add system dashboards to a custom folder.
- Optional: Click-and-drag the folder to a new location within the dashboard dock. You must have the sort option at the top of the dashboard dock set to Custom Order. You cannot rearrange dashboards and folders when they are sorted by ascending or descending order.
In the bottom corner of the dashboard dock, click the Exit Edit
Tip: You can type the following keyboard shortcuts to perform these steps:
- NF - Create a dashboard folder
- OD - Edit the dashboard dock