If you are planning on replacing your ExtraHop Command or Discover appliance, you can migrate the settings from the source appliance to the target appliance.
Before you begin
|Important:||Contact ExtraHop Support before you migrate settings to a new Command appliance.|
- The target and source appliance cannot be active on the network at the same time.
- The target appliance must be the same size or larger (maximum throughput on the Discover appliance; CPU, RAM, and disk capacity on the Command appliance) as the source appliance.
- The target appliance must be running a firmware version that is the same major version as the firmware version that generated the backup file. For example, a backup created from an appliance running firmware 7.1.0 can be restored to an appliance running firmware 7.1.1, but the reverse is not allowed.
- The target appliance must be the same type of appliance, physical or virtual, as the source appliance.
- The target appliance requires an ExtraHop license.
In this procedure, you will backup your source appliance, disconnect the source appliance from the network, deploy the new appliance, and then restore the backup to the new appliance.
|Note:||When you restore from a backup that was created on a different appliance, the target appliance is disconnected from Atlas before restoring. You must manually reconnect to Atlas after the restore is complete.|
- Log into the source Command or Discover appliance that you are replacing.
- Back up the appliance.
Shut down the source appliance and disconnect the management interfaces from
the physical or virtual network where they are attached.
Important: It is important that the source and target appliances with the same configuration are not active on the same network at the same time.
- If you have not already done so, deploy the target appliance.
- Log into the Admin UI on the target appliance.
- In the System Configuration section, click Backup and Restore.
- Click Upload Backup File to Restore System.
- Select Restore system customizations and resources.
- Click Choose File, navigate to the file you saved in step 2, and then click Open.
Warning: If the backup file is incompatible with the local datastore, the datastore must be reset. Resetting the datastore deletes all devices and metrics.After the restore is complete, you are logged out of the system.
- Log into the Admin UI and verify that your customizations on the target appliance were correctly restored.