You can schedule the email delivery of a dashboard to one or more recipients by creating a scheduled report on an ExtraHop Command appliance. A report email is sent from the ExtraHop system that includes a PDF file of your dashboard. When you create a scheduled report, you can specify how often the report email is delivered and the time interval for dashboard data included in the PDF file.
Before you begin
- You can only create a report for a single dashboard, and you must own or have shared access to that dashboard.
- If you created a report for a dashboard that was later deleted or became inaccessible to you, an email is still sent to recipients. However, the email does not include the PDF file and notes that the dashboard is unavailable to the report owner. To stop sending a report, disable or delete the report.
The following steps show you how to create a scheduled report:
- Log into the Web UI on the Command appliance and then click Dashboards at the top of the page.
- Select a dashboard.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click the command menu and then select Scheduled Reports.
- In the upper right corner of the Scheduled Reports window, click Create Report.
Clear the Report Enabled checkbox if you want to delay
sending the report.
The report is set to Disabled. When you are ready to send the report, select the report from the list in the Scheduled Reports window, and then select Enable.
In the Report Name field, type a unique name for the
The dashboard name is automatically populated in this field. We recommend that you reference the dashboard name in your report name to help keep track of the report content.
- In the Description field, type information about the report. Note that the description only appears in the report settings.
In the Report On field, confirm the name of the dashboard
in the report. To change the dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Click the drop-down list to see available dashboards.
- Select a dashboard from the list.
- In the Time Interval section, select the time frame of dashboard data that you want to send.
In the Report Frequency section, set the email delivery
schedule by selecting one of the following options:
Option Description Hourly Email the report every hour. Daily Email the report at a specific time each day. Click Add another time to email the report multiple times per day. Weekly Email the report at a specific time on one or more days of the week. Click Add another time to send report emails at multiple times per day or at different times per week.
In the Format section, specify the content layout by
selecting one of the following options from the first Style
Option Description Narrow Displays large text in chart titles and labels, but provides less space for displaying chart data. Long chart titles and labels might be truncated. Medium (Recommended) Displays a view of chart titles, legends, and data that is optimized for portrait page orientation. Wide Displays small text in chart titles and labels, but provides more space for displaying chart data.
In the Format section, specify the number of page breaks
in the PDF by selecting one of the following options from the second
Style drop-down list:
Option Description Single page Displays the entire dashboard or protocol page on a single, continuous page. This setting might generate a PDF file that is larger than standard printer page sizes. Page break per region Displays each chart region on an individual page. If your dashboard contains a table or list that displays more than 20 detail metric values, select Page break per region.
In the Format section, select from the following options
next to Theme.
Option Description Light Displays dashboard data as dark text against a light background. Dark or Space Displays dashboard data as light text against a dark background.
In the Send To section, specify email recipients by
completing one of the following steps:
- From the Notification Groups drop-down list, select a group of recipients. If you do not see the email group that you are looking for, you can configure email groups in the ExtraHop Admin UI or through the REST API. Contact your ExtraHop administrator to add an email notification group.
- In the Email Addresses field, type the email addresses for recipients, separated by a comma.
Select one of the following Subject options:
Option Description Automatic Send the report email with the subject of ExtraHop Report: <report name>. Custom Type a subject line for your report email.
- Optional: In the Message field, type a message to send in the body of the report email. The name of the dashboard linked to the report is provided in the message by default.
To save your report, complete one of the following steps:
- Click Send Now to send a test report email to the email addresses. Your report is then saved and scheduled. Click Done.
- Click Save. Your report is scheduled and will be sent to recipients based on the report frequency you specified.